Figure 8 Knot
This is a strong, secure knot that is great for anchor uses such as in
climbing. Also called a Flemish knot, the Figure-8 knot is has the advantage
that it is easy to untie.
- Double a piece of rope over, forming a loop at the top, the end of the A.
- With the rope still doubled, form another loop, creating an X where the
rope crosses itself. The section of rope closest to end A should be passing
under the other section, from top-left to lower-right of the X.
- Hold the X with your left hand.
- Use your right hand to poke end A into the hole.
- Pull on end A and tighten the knot.
Knots on the Web
Skiing is an inherently dangerous activity that can result in serious injury.
We recommend that you seek proper training and equipment before attempting this